Nice weekend

Gretchen and I started out Saturday looking for a new toilet.  Home Depot doesn't have the dual flush toilets, so we went to a local plumbing supply shop (should have done that in the first place, but I was trying to save cash) and found what we wanted.  Our plumber friend complained a bit, but I want to save water, so he can complain away.  In protest he put the old toilet in the front yard with a potted plant in it.  I was really upset when I saw it.  I know, I was being stupid about it, but I don't want the new neighbors to think badly of us before they get to know us.  We're already those people who are doing a lot of loud construction.  Toilets probably look great in many yards, maybe even yours, just not mine.
Anyway, then we got ready to drive down to Springfield for a wedding.  It was a lovely day down there, and Gretchen was a champ despite only having a 45 minute nap on the way down.  I have to say, the wedding was interesting.  Of course the whole love until death part was great, but there was also a lot of good people watching to get in.  It was Southern California vs rural Oregon.  Funny!  Seriously skimpy dresses vs overalls.  I loved it.  I thought it might be rude to take photos of people I didn't know, sorry.  Gretchen wore a sweater made by Susan Sweeney that I wore when I was her age.  It is very cute and in perfect condition even 33 years later!
Sunday there was a lot of construction happening at the house.  Or deconstruction.  Anyway, we retreated to the Larson's to escape the noise.  It was a lovely day, so we hung out outside a bit.  Evie was very good to Gretchen--I can tell she'll be a good big sister.  Evie had a good strategy of moving things way out of Gretchen's reach when she was concerned that Gretchen might touch the wrong thing.  Gretchen did not find the trivet in the bathroom, so it was perfect.  Gretchen was so tired after our visit that she fell asleep in the car with hardly a peep and continued to sleep for at least an hour through heavy construction noises at home.
Later that evening Don, Gretchen and I went to supper at a restaurant.  An attractive biker dude came in and Gretchen couldn't take her eyes off him.  Seriously.  For about 45 minutes she stared at him and flirted with him.  She did everything she could to keep him looking at her.  It was hilarious!  Wouldn't look at his girlfriend or her mother, only him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the family picture, as well as the one just below it of you and Gretchen. They are the kind of pictures that you'll look at 20, 30, 40 years from now and think "that was the summer of our lives."