Today Katie and Banjo took their first trip down to the restaurant. We walked down there since they need much more exercise than they've been getting recently. I tried to get Jonathon to agree to run with them every day, but I think he has better things to do. Anyway, they were highly confused by Don's presence there, and the fact that he was on the roof and they couldn't jump on him and lick him, so it was a spazzy few minutes that we were there.

Here is a glimpse of the primer covering up the old dingy gray color. I forget what the new color will be, something tame like a beige. Don's friend paints for a living and got some free paint that was leftover from another job, so it's whatever color that is. Even the primer is an improvement at this point. The paint should be going up on Thursday. Yay! We're hoping the rest of the tenants of the building will decide to paint their spots as well.

A broader shot of the front of the building and Jonathon being put to hard work. I'm glad he's willing to step out of the kitchen to do some manual labor for a few days. Those kids from Idaho are so nice.

Yesterday when the guys were out painting they had tons of people stopping by to talk. The neighborhood reaction has been great. I guess that's what happens when you turn a porn shop into a restaurant. Some of the neighbors were thanking them for increasing their property value and vowed to come in often. Let's hope they keep their word.
I ended up making the marionberry freezer jam yesterday. It was so good. And freezer jam is so easy. Who knew?

Here is a glimpse of the primer covering up the old dingy gray color. I forget what the new color will be, something tame like a beige. Don's friend paints for a living and got some free paint that was leftover from another job, so it's whatever color that is. Even the primer is an improvement at this point. The paint should be going up on Thursday. Yay! We're hoping the rest of the tenants of the building will decide to paint their spots as well.
A broader shot of the front of the building and Jonathon being put to hard work. I'm glad he's willing to step out of the kitchen to do some manual labor for a few days. Those kids from Idaho are so nice.
Yesterday when the guys were out painting they had tons of people stopping by to talk. The neighborhood reaction has been great. I guess that's what happens when you turn a porn shop into a restaurant. Some of the neighbors were thanking them for increasing their property value and vowed to come in often. Let's hope they keep their word.
I ended up making the marionberry freezer jam yesterday. It was so good. And freezer jam is so easy. Who knew?
Comments
I'm assuming you don't have the crazy heat that we're having here...or you wouldn't be getting so much work done. It's so exciting! Coming a long way. And great that the buzz is alreay out there!
It's been warm for here, but not so horrible. A few days in the 90s, more in the 80s. At least it's been getting nice and cool at night, but that might end this week. Today it will be 85-90 and tomorrow might reach 100. We don't get a lot of days up around 100 most summers, so it will be a shocker. At least it isn't humid. We're trying to make it without an air conditioner this summer, but if it stays hot the pregnant lady might need one.