Pickled

Here are the lovely pickles I made with Andy yesterday. Patty sat and wrote their wedding ceremony out while we experimented with the standard and not so standard ingredients (Andy really wanted to try using lemon grass in a few jars). Their wedding is coming up on the 23rd in Michigan. Yay! I hope these pickles turn out with a decent flavor. We'll let them sit at least until the weekend before we give them a try. I'll keep you posted.

Next up is a batch of Char's famous dill crock. I'm looking forward to a trip out to my favorite farm for the fixings this coming weekend.

Comments

amber c. said…
they're lovely! can't wait to hear about the dill crock!
Gorgeous! Please send me your recipe! Mine take three MONTHS! And please send Char's recipe, too! And if that ain't enough exclamation points for you, there're plenty more where those came from... ( ! )
Betsy said…
They do look beautiful! I'm excited to hear the results.
I want to try some dill crock too, but I'm scared. Just not sure I could pull it off!
Betsy said…
By the by....does Anne have a blog too?
Anonymous said…
And could we have the recipe for dill crock? PS Ellen, I found the canner-pressure cooker with all collateral equipment and even the little instructional manual that came with it 30 years ago. You can have them anytime!